July 7, 2018

S. Ditko


First page of "Paper Romance", a story published in  DARING LOVE #1 [1953] the September-October 1953 issue of the Gillmor Magazines comic, which appears to be the earliest published Steve Ditko comic story, if not the first drawn. More on it over here.

Final page of "Logan the Loser", the final story in #26 [2018], the Winter 2018 release from SD Publishing. Ordering details here. There are a few never before seen pages in the subsequent releases, but most of them were obviously drawn long ago. And there will probably be some future publications with more previously unseen material, either old or new.

S. Ditko, 1927 - 2018

7 comments:

  1. This is a clever little tribute, Bob. Nice touch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the clever tribute. He will be missed by all of us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. RIP, Steve! You will be missed...

    ReplyDelete
  4. "When I do a job, it's not my personality that I'm offering the readers but my artwork. It's not what I'm like that counts; it's what I did and how well it was done. I produce a product, a comic art story. Steve Ditko is the brand name." - Steve Ditko

    ReplyDelete
  5. An Avenging World without Ditko. :-(

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you, Bob, for always putting the word out. Ditko will be greatly missed.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A subtle and tasteful tribute. My virtual hat is off to you, good sir.

    ReplyDelete

Followers

Powered By Blogger